Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver for Windows 98Gold/98se/Me/2000/XP/2003(32/64 bits) supports all ALC series audio chipsets from ALC101 up to ALC861. It is used as onboard sound on many motherboards. Chips covered include ALC101/201/202/203/250/650/653/655/658/861. It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
The ALC650 is an 18-bit, full duplex AC'97 2.2 compatible stereo audio CODEC designed for PC multimedia systems, including host/soft audio and AMR/CNR based designs. The ALC650 incorporates proprietary converter technology to achieve a high SNR, greater than 90 dB. The ALC650 AC'97 CODEC supports multiple CODEC extensions with independent variable sampling rates and built-in 3D effects.
The ALC650 CODEC provides two pairs of stereo outputs with independent volume controls, a mono output, and multiple stereo and mono inputs, along with flexible mixing, gain and mute functions to provide a complete integrated audio solution for PCs. The digital interface circuitry of the ALC650 CODEC operates from a 5V/3.3V power supply with EAPD (External Amplifier Power Down) control for use in notebook and PC applications.
The ALC650 integrates a 50mW/20ohm headset audio amplifier into the CODEC, which can save BOM costs. The ALC650 also supports an AC'97 2.2 compliant SPDIF out function which allows easy connection from the PC to consumer electronic products, such as AC3 decoder/speaker and mini disk.
The ALC650 CODEC supports host/soft audio from Intel 810/815/820/845 chipsets as well as audio controller based VIA/SIS/ALI chipsets. Bundled Windows series drivers (Win95/98/ME/2000/XP/NT) and sound effect utilities (supporting Karaoke, emulation of 26 sound environments, and 5-band equalizer) provide a more comprehensive entertainment package for PC users. Finally, internal PLL circuits generate required timing signals, eliminating the need for external clocking devices.
- Multimedia PCs
- 3D PC games
- Information appliances (IA)
- Voice recognition
- Audio conferencing
Features of Realtek AC97 ALC650 Audio Codecs :
- High-performance CODEC with high S/N ratio (>90 dB)
- 18-bit ADC and 20-bit DAC resolution
- Compliant with AC'97 2.2 specifications
- 18-bit stereo full-duplex CODEC with independent and variable sampling rate
- 4 analog line-level stereo inputs with 5-bit volume control: LINE_IN, CD, VIDEO, AUX
- 2 analog line-level mono inputs: PC_BEEP, PHONE_IN
- Mono output with 5-bit volume control
- Stereo output with 5-bit volume control
- 6 channel slot selectable DAC output for multi-channel applications
- 2 MIC inputs, which are software selectable
- Power management capabilities
- 3D Stereo enhancement
- Embedded 50mW/20ohm OP at front LINE output
- External amplifier power down capability
- Digital S/PDIF output
- Digital S/PDIF input (ALC650 Rev. E or later)
- No external crystal/clock required
- Supports 1 general purpose I/O pin
- Power supply: digital: 3.3V; analog: 5V/3.3V
- Standard 48-pin LQFP package
This download contains the latest audio drivers, software and utilities for the Realtek AC97 audio controllers:
- WDM driver for Win98/WinMe/Win2000/WinXP : 220.127.116.1130
- WDM driver for Windows x64 : 18.104.22.16830
- VXD driver for Win95 : 22.214.171.12419
- VXD Software wavetable driver : 126.96.36.199
- NT4 driver for Windows NT4 : 188.8.131.5240
- NT4 software wavetable driver : 184.108.40.2062
- RtlRack for Win98/Me/2000/XP : 220.127.116.11
- AvRack for Win95/NT4 : 2003.4.4.1
- Realtek Soundman : 18.104.22.168
- Realtek Sound Effect Manager(CPL) : 22.214.171.124
- Realtek Sound Effect Manager(RtlCpl) : 126.96.36.199
- Realtek Sound Effect Manager for NT4 : 188.8.131.52
- Driver/Application Setup Program : 5.34
Changes in version A3.99:
1. For special customize settings.
2. For unknow chipset resource issue.
3. Fix CEN and SURR have output in 2 channel issue.
Homepage - http://www.realtek.com.tw
Size: 17.4 MB